Caring for one another.
CarSense ranks in the top 50 nationwide on Glassdoor’s list of Best Places to Work. How does a car dealership find its way into the rarified air generally reserved for cool internet startups? The same no-hassle philosophy that differentiates us with customers is evident in the way we treat everyone who works with us.
14 Top Workplace Awards
In both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, we’ve earned Top Workplace Awards seven years in a row!
Ranked #31 on Glassdoor
CarSense is highly ranked on Glassdoor’s list among small- and medium-sized companies nationwide.
Glen Mills, PA
Chester Springs, PA
Human Resources Manager
- Support the Sales Team by providing the customers with competitive financing arrangements
- Models and encourages the Sales Consultants to adopt and represent our values of integrity, caring for one another, and passion for success
- Assist with vehicle purchases while facilitating the sale of after-market products
- Be the gate keeper of all business office transactions
- Responsible for the Parts Department including inventory control, pricing, training and managing the parts staff
- Support the service technicians and reconditioning technicians through training, mentoring and oversight of scheduling his/her team
- Drive performance to objectives with integrity in accordance with the current business plans
- Maintain the company culture which sets CarSense apart from others in the industry
- Carry out department work in alignment with company culture
- Model the team environment and values which set CarSense apart from others in the industry
- Responsible for the cleanliness and orderliness of the sales lot including washing vehicles, straightening vehicles, filling 'holes' in the lines with appropriate stock
- Prepare sold vehicles for delivery
- Service and repair retail service customers' vehicles with precision and efficiency
- Proper diagnosis and repair of customers concerns
- Coordinate with service advisors for the timely and accurate repair/service of the customers' vehicles in alignment with the Values, Vision and Mission of the company
- Prepare online auctions for the Purchasing team with quality cars that pass quality checks and meet CarSense standards
- Assist the inventory clerk with the entering and maintaining of vehicles in multiple databases
- Audit the inventory database for accuracy on a weekly basis
- Plan for the purchase of needed vehicles through internet auctions along with private source purchases
Mount Holly, NJ
- Ensure the final product quality is at the highest level for all retail sale vehicles and reflect the CarSense mission of creating amazing automotive value for our customers
- Ensure our products meet the standard of quality we advertise and seek to provide for our customers
- Responsible to coordinate with the Reconditioning Service Department for the correction of any deficiencies in quality
- All duties will be carried out in accordance with the CarSense culture and values
Human Resources Manager
- Be the driving force behind the maintenance of all personnel records and ensure they are current with compensation and benefits information and performance evaluations
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, assimilation and training of new associates and ongoing training of established associates
- This position has the important task of imparting first impressions and understanding of the CarSense culture
- Exemplify the values and culture which set CarSense apart from others in the industry
- Be the face-to-face representative of the parts department to the service technicians and service managers
- Maintain the CarSense culture in an atmosphere which can be charged with stress
- Research the best price, order, obtain and dispense the correct part in a timely manner
- Be a driving force and have a direct impact on the service environment where productivity flourishes and customer satisfaction is increased
Caring for one another.
We seek to understand our peers and treat each other with dignity and respect.
Fair and equitable.
We try to understand the positions of all in order to arrive at just decisions.
We encourage new ideas, concepts and methods from every source.
We are committed to the highest level of ethical and moral conduct.
We are mutually responsible for individual performance and pledge our best efforts to one another.
Opportunity through growth.
We are a dynamic company that affords the opportunity for each member to develop.
Passion for success.
We have a burning internal desire to exceed everyone’s expectations.
Enhancing lives by faithfully providing unequaled automotive value in an open, friendly and trustworthy environment.
It goes without saying. CarSense does not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, age or sexual orientation, and we do not tolerate those who do.
Meet some of us
I've been in sales most of my career and moved to the Mt. Holly area four years ago. While searching for a job, I researched many companies. CarSense kept showing up with great reviews both from employees and their customers. The reviews posted discussed a positive and people centered culture. I applied to CarSense and several other companies, but CarSense seemed very different from other dealerships because of the positive company culture. Shortly after applying, I was offered and accepted a position in sales and began my career at CarSense. Recently, I was promoted to Finance Manager. After four years, CarSense has lived up to all of my expectations. The corporate culture is excellent and I enjoy my job at CarSense. I feel that there is so much opportunity here and room for growth. Working for CarSense has been one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and there's still more to come!
Internal Service Manager
After working for a traditional auto service center I joined the CarSense Family as a Technician in 2006 and have never looked back. Like so many others, CarSense presented me with the opportunity to grow with the company. In 2010, I was selected to become the Internal Service Manager at our Hatfield location. I have been with CarSense a total of 12 years and I still love coming to work every day! Working at CarSense is a unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else. Other employers may say that they’re different, but CarSense truly is.
General Sales Manager
Upon graduating from Lincoln Technical Institute, I began my career with CarSense Mt. Holly in 2011 as a Service Technician. One year later, I was promoted to the Sales Team where I worked as a Sales Consultant for over three years. This new position afforded me great selling experience as well as insight into the world of the Finance. When the position of Service Consultant became available in 2015, I transitioned back to the Service, this time working directly with customers on their automotive needs. I was next promoted to Internal Service Manager before transitioning back to Sales in 2018. I worked as a Sales Manager before being offered the tremendous opportunity to be the General Sales Manager at our Mt. Holly location. Being able to move within the company and learn so many aspects of the business over the last 7+ years has truly been a rewarding experience. CarSense has given me the tools to better myself and I’m looking forward to the opportunities that will come my way!
I had just graduated from college in 2008 when I started working as a Delivery Coordinator at CarSense Hatfield. Several months later, I was offered the position of Finance Assistant, which I loved. I worked in the Hatfield Finance Office for several years, growing my skills and deepening my knowledge bank with the help of our very dedicated managers. When we opened our first store in the Pittsburgh region, I was offered the opportunity to relocate to Western PA to help open the Finance Office. It was so exciting to move to a new area and to open a brand new store. After working at the Cranberry store for a couple years, I moved to the next new store in the Pittsburgh region, this time in Robinson Township. I spent two years there doing title work, before being offered the position of Controller, I jumped at the opportunity! I have since relocated back to Southeastern PA, working in the Chester Springs office as a Controller. I marvel at the opportunities I’ve been presented over the past ten years! CarSense really believes in their associates and our potential. Even after ten years, I continue to work hard and grow as a professional.
My career began after I had an amazing experience when I purchased my first car at CarSense. I was a recent college graduate and CarSense was opening a brand new location in Robinson Twp. I interviewed for the delivery coordinator position and was lucky enough to be a part of the Grand Opening! I had no intentions of ever moving into sales, but after I saw the difference between a traditional salesman and how CarSense sells cars, with their honesty, and enthusiasm, I made the move as quickly as I could. After 3 years of being a sales consultant I was promoted to sales manager and I am living my dream! I am doing what I sought out to do while getting my degree in business management. CarSense is an all-star company and I am happy to continue with them and their success.
General Sales Manager
I started with CarSense in December 2014. I had previously worked delivering furniture and was looking for a career change. I initially found out about CarSense through Glassdoor.com. I was reading through the associates’ testimonials about working at CarSense and I thought they were exaggerating when they talked about “having fun at work” or “going to special events.” It wasn’t until I officially accepted a position at CarSense that I learned that this was very true! I have attended several fun events over my career. My favorite was The Pittsburgh Great Race, a running event with my fellow CarSense associates. I began my CarSense career as a Sales Consultant at our Cranberry location, and since then I have had been provided numerous opportunities for growth. My first opportunity was to join the CarSense Finance team in 2017. I worked as a Finance Manager for about year before transferring to our Robinson location, where I continued working as a Finance Manager. In January 2019, I was given the opportunity to become a Sales Manager at the Robinson location. And then in September of 2019, I became General Sales Manager. The learning experience has been incredible, and I truly enjoy coming to work every day. I cannot thank CarSense enough for the experience they provided me and for the comfort they have given my family. I am looking forward to future opportunities to grow as a professional and drive success!
I was initially hired by CarSense as a lot attendant in 2012. After a year of dedicated service, I was promoted to a Detailer in 2013, which was an incredible step forward. I loved every minute of detailing. I’ve always taken great pride in knowing the importance of my work, particularly in making our cars look brand new. This helps with providing the best experience for our customers. I spent five years immersed in the Detail Department before I was promoted to an Internal Technician in 2017. One year later, I transitioned back to Detail, where I have been since. I’m incredibly grateful for the constant opportunities for success at CarSense.
I graduated from Delaware Valley College in 2009 and quickly entered the job market. I knew I wanted my first job to be meaningful and one that would allow me to really make a positive contribution. I found myself presented with the opportunity to work for CarSense in Hatfield as a Sales Consultant. I was later promoted to Sales Manager, the position I currently hold. CarSense provides a relaxed, team-oriented atmosphere which allows us to provide a better experience for our customers. Our foundation is based on hard work, integrity and fairness for both the employee and our customers. I have been with the company for over 9 years now and I've never looked back. I look forward to what the future holds.
Office Manager / Title Clerk
After 20 years in the auto industry, I was ready for a change. My plan was to change jobs and work in a completely different industry. Several friends had purchased vehicles at CarSense and told me about the CarSense Way. Intrigued, I dropped my resume off at the store. I was still contemplating a career change when I received a call from CarSense asking me to come in for an interview. As soon as I walked into the interview, it felt like home. Just a short while later, I received a call offering me the position of Title Clerk. I ended up turning down the other job I had been offered, and accepted this one. I have been with CarSense for five and a half years now, and I was most recently promoted to the Pittsburgh Area Office Manager. As a single mother, I can speak firsthand as to how much CarSense treats their associates like family, and how much they respect our work/life balance. I thoroughly enjoy my job and my team and I love coming to work everyday.
I began working at CarSense as a Sales Consultant in June 2012 after a referral from one of my best friends. I quickly found that CarSense was everything that she had described: a dedicated team of like-minded individuals united under the shared goal of providing an exceptional customer service experience. I am proud of the work that we do, I love coming to work every day, and I’m honored to work for a company that is your “friend in the business.” I’ve also decided to pay my initial referral forward by bringing six of my friends to work at CarSense; I’d recommend anyone to join the team! Since April 2016, I’ve been working as an Inventory Manager, a job that combines three of my favorite things: organization, people and numbers. I am excited to see what the future holds for me at CarSense.
After spending some time down south, I moved back to PA looking for a new and exciting opportunity. At the time, I was in my 16th year in the automotive sales industry and I was looking for something new and exciting. After speaking with a friend who was working at CarSense, I was really interested in getting more information. Hearing the amazing things CarSense does for its employees, and hearing how much they actually care about their customer’s experience, I wanted to work here! I started at the Chester Springs location as a Sales Manager. I have been with CarSense for over 6 years and have worked at 4 out of our 5 locations. Recently I was promoted to the General Manager position at Robinson. CarSense has provided for my family more than any company I have been associated with. This company supports and proves that with hard work, integrity, and a passion for success, anything is achievable.